White or Black? Books or movies? The beach or the mountains? We tend to think in opposites that make us believe choice comes down to a dilemma: either/or, good/bad, right/wrong. Sometimes, it’s way easier to make a choice when it comes down to a couple of things, right?
So are you “the glass is half empty” or are you “the glass is half full” kind of guy or gal?
Until I saw this graphic (via Volunteer’s Weekly ) I was definitely in “the glass is half full” camp. To have that point of view, in my opinion, made everything in my life better, because the alternative was made things worse.
I had noticed that when I told myself things like “I always suffer,” “I am always poor”and “I’m always alone and that’s just the way life is,” I didn’t feel better. I felt worse!
I don’t operate 24/7 with an abundant (half-full) mindset. Although, I wonder what my life would be like if I could. When things spiral out of control, when someone disappoints me, when I mess up, I don’t feel all that great. In those moments, I do forget all the people, experiences and things that make my life beautiful and amazing. I definitely focus on “the glass is half empty” and that just sucks.
But what is so great about being a human being is that you and I hold the power in our our minds to change any circumstance that we dislike.
HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?
Before you answer, life can get in the way of our good intentions.
Do you know what I mean?
I am currently in California helping out my mom who has a serious illness. It is important to me to be with her and to help her as much as I can before she passes away. However, that decision (made freely and which makes me feel good) comes with a few downsides.
One of the major downsides is that my time is no longer my own. Doctor’s appointments, phone calls, driving, cooking, grocery shopping et al can consume entire days and leave me feeling exhausted, and well, poor – poor in time, poor in spirit, poor in relationships… poor, poor, poor me!
How in the heck did I set things up so I could suffer?
It is hard to admit, but there is a lot more in my control than I would like to admit, at times. So I had to look at my mindset and see what the heck was going on with me. That’s when I realized that I could turn this around and set up my rules to win.
I needed something to help me get back into a rich mindset. A mindset that looked at life from the half-full perspective and I had to do it without spending a lot of money, nor taking a lot of time that I just didn’t have.
5 GREAT IDEAS TO MAKE YOU FEEL RICH
- Rich in Body – Lock the bathroom door and take a bath. No distractions. After your bath, close your bedroom door and stretch slowly and easily. Finish with a 5 minute breathing meditation to energize you. This sounds blah, blah, blah, but if you do it, it feels amazing.
- Rich in Relationships – Find something you appreciate about every person you come in contact with for the day. You will be amazed not only how connected you feel, but how much love comes back to you.
- Rich in Spirit – Make a list of every person, place, thing, and even your body that you benefit from AND that you had nothing to do with. When you hit item 50, you will realize just how abundant and blessed your life is.
- Rich in Home – De-clutter an area in your home. Decide whether you want to sell the items or give them away. Either way, the space you create makes you feel rich.
- Rich in Time – Take just an hour (before the day starts or at day end) and commit to that time to you. You make the rules and you get to have it ALL your way. When you give yourself this type of freedom, you feel rich.
RICH = TO DO WHAT YOU WANT+ WITH WHOM YOU WANT + WHEN YOU WANT+ TO BECOME WHO YOU WANT, ETC…
In other words,
RICH = THE FEELINGS YOU WANT TO HAVE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR LIFE
In other words, RICH=MINDSET and guess what?
You control how you feel.
HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?
Is a choice. While this graphic says, “the glass is always full” what it doesn’t say that screams out to me is that the 1/2 air represents the most important part of the glass:
OPPORTUNITY! Opportunity to make your life so much fuller and richer, and as you fill your life up with more love, light and joy, your cup will runneth other. Half-empty is not empty at all.
Half-empty Is Possibility!
As always with these posts, my intention is to share the top tips and tools that make my life and my client’s lives better. My hope is that this post has done that for you.
Thanks so much for reading.
Until next time, live fully, laugh loudly and love with everything you’ve got!
On Sale NOW!
Learn more about my products that have been proven to help you become better, stronger and have more success in all the important areas of your life. Click here https://challengeyourvision.com/shop/